Ashland Parks Foundation - Ashland Oregon / News
Ashland Parks Foundation Grants Funding to Local Organizations; Raises Funds for Possible Butler-Perozzi Fountain Renovations
|Click on image above to learn mor|
The Ashland Parks Foundation is proud to announce recipients of its 2013 grant program:
· Ashland High School: Pacific Rim Bowl
· Ashland Youth Soccer: Youth scholarships
· Ashland Youth Basketball: Youth scholarships
· Ashland Youth Baseball: Youth scholarships
· Ashland American Legion: Youth scholarships
· Ashland Senior Center: Food and Friends lunch program
· Ashland Parks and Recreation: Nature Center environmental education classroom scholarships
· Ashland Parks and Recreation: Bear Creek Festival
· Ashland Parks and Recreation: Annual Volunteer Appreciation Dinner
· Ashland Parks and Recreation: Ice rink opening night ceremony
· Ashland Parks and Recreation: Recreation program scholarships for all ages
The mission of the Ashland Parks Foundation is to enhance Ashland’s quality of life by financially supporting its parks system and other nonprofit recreational groups and projects. It is proud to offer modest, semi-annual grants to groups associated with the Parks Department and other Ashland agencies. “This is the heart of the Ashland Parks Foundation: granting support for important scholarships and activities that reach the greatest number of community members and creating the greatest impact while increasing awareness of Ashland’s tremendous parks system. It was an honor to be a part of this process,” said Katharine Flanagan, President of the Ashland Parks Foundation.
The Foundation is also working with Ashland Parks and Recreation to help secure the future of the Butler-Perozzi Fountain in the heart of Lithia Park. Ultimately the Parks Commission will decide whether to restore, replace or remove the fountain.
“We are proud of our community, our park and our fountain,” continued Flanagan. “If you wish to contribute toward fountain restorations, please contact the Ashland Parks Foundation at 541-488-5340 or send a check to Ashland Parks Foundation, 340 S. Pioneer Street, Ashland, OR 97520,” she concluded. Donations may also be accepted online.
Visit the Foundation Home page